beijing-kids.com is looking for bloggers with a keen interest in writing and new media. Applicants should have a talent for producing witty, concise copy, and an ability to spot stories of direct relevance to Beijing’s English-speaking family community. We are looking for contributors who can proactively seek out and suggest stories.
We are particularly interested in bloggers with specialist knowledge or interests, such as education, food, health or the environment.
• Basic journalism experience
• Experience in writing and maintaining a blog
• Ability to produce witty, concise copy
• Familiarity with beijing-kids.com and our target audience
• An excellent command of grammar, spelling, punctuation and style
• Intimate knowledge of Beijing and the issues relevant to the city’s English-speaking family community, especially the places where families live, work and play.
• Proficiency in Mandarin, though not required, is a plus.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
• Exposure on Beijing’s premier family oriented English-language website
• Feedback and editorial guidance from an experienced editorial team
• The chance to engage with and write about the aspects of raising a family in Beijing that you are passionate about, whether it’s great kid-friendly food, the latest in education, or uncovering those hidden family-friendly gems.
To apply, send an e-mail with your resume, two writing samples (max 400 words each) and a short letter outlining your areas of interest. Send applications to: email@example.com