Toilet paper tubes
1. Using a craft knife, cut a toilet paper tube in half, following a zigzag pattern. Leave a small piece intact between the two ends.
2. Fit the toilet paper tube back together again and stuff the tube with little toys and gifts until it’s full.
3. Cut a piece of tissue paper twice as long as the tube. Roll the sheet of tissue paper around the tube and secure with glue.
4. Twist the ends and tie ribbons tightly around each end.
5. To open, snap cracker in half and watch the contents fall out.
Rebecca Kanthor has been living in China since 2002. She invites all who love knitting and crocheting, or those who want to learn, to join the Beijing Yarn Appreciation Club. E-mail email@example.com for more information.