Based up in Shunyi and looking to break out of the daily grind of parenthood? Are you a social butterfly who loves writing and meeting people? beijingkids is looking for a Shunyi correspondent to join our editorial team. This is a part-time position (about 10-15 hours a week) with a competitive salary that is very well-suited for very energetic parents and does not require constant presence in our office, however a certain level of commitment is required. The Shunyi correspondent will be expected to:
* Attend Shunyi community events/meetings on a regular basis (every
two weeks, or more frequently depending on what’s going on) to
increase BeijingKids’ presence in the community;
* Make connections, find story ideas and leads, as well as be an
advocate for the magazine/website/brand;
* Write 2-3 articles a month for the magazine (Learning, Playing and
* Write 3-4 blog posts a week (300-400 words each);
* Maintain and contribute to the forum on beijing-kids.com;
* Assist with identifying Shunyi-related listings errors found on
* Add Shunyi related events to the website on a regular basis;
* Attend meetings and editorial planning sessions in our office at
Wanda Plaza in the CBD (once a week on average);
* Attend monthly beijingkids editorial board lunch meetings.
Native English speakers are a must and conversational Chinese ability preferred. Must be willing to commit at least one year to this position. Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.