Olivia Lee is our nutrition columnist here at beijingkids and while she’s not working on her next article, baking healthy treats, or having fun with her lovely family, she’s holding interesting seminars (mini-group sessions) from home.
Lee’s next mini-group session deals with prenatal health – specifically the role a healthy diet plays in a child’s long-term health future.
The details below are taken from Lee’s website:
Programming your child’s health future
Flexi-mini group sessions
What makes us the way we are?
Why are some people predisposed to be anxious, overweight or asthmatic?
Conventional answers for those questions point to the DNA we inherited, childhood experiences, daily environment, lifestyle choices etc.
However, you may not have considered another powerful reason. New studies are now showing that our life as a fetus can influence our future health too.
Even before egg meets sperm, nutritional status can have significant and surprising effects on your potential baby’s health future. Once conception happens, the baby’s organs are developing at an incredible rate, your personal nutrition will play a significant role in the outcome of the pregnancy and may even influence how you experience the pregnancy too.
- Why nutrition matters before getting pregnant
- What you really need to help ‘build’ a happy and healthy baby
- Reducing the chances of baby’s future risk of heart disease, obesity and diabetes with the right nutrition during pregnancy
- Avoiding unnecessary weight gain
- Coping with unique challenges of living in Beijing such as stress, pollution etc
Price 150RMB per person, payment at the door (Men may join but only with the permission of the other women in the group)
- Session price includes workbooks for taking notes
- Held in my house, the sofa is comfy and the bathroom is nearby and clean
- Location is China Central Place Apartments north of DaWang Bridge [near Shin Kong Shopping Center]
- Some healthy snacks will be provided
About the Speaker
Olivia Lee is the regular nutrition columnist for beijingkids Magazine.
- MSc in Nutrition (USA) and Certified Counselor (Singapore)
- Professional member of the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP)
8th April, Fri 10am
9th April, Sat 2pm
- Registration is via email
- Above talk dates are penciled in and can be adjusted to fit the group’s needs.
- The current spread of times should suit most stay at home or working women
- To make efficient use of my time, I need a min of 4 attendees, so email me your preferences (Name, Mobile/Cell number, Date)
- Additional workshops can be arranged for any group of 4 or more attendees
- FYI I have cats which will be locked away for the duration. If you are allergic, we can arrange for a private session elsewhere.
- If you cannot attend, please make sure you contact me so others are not kept waiting for me to start.
- I reserve the right to cancel any session that does not meet the minimal number of attendees.
- Registration closes 24 hrs before it starts (I need to print and bind those workbooks! Make snacks etc)