beijingkids, Beijing’s essential international family resource, is seeking an
additional staff writer to join its growing magazine and website.
The staff writer contributes regularly to the magazine and website, and stays in
close contact with international schools, hospitals, play centers and other
important organizations in the community to ensure that beijingkids is always
the first to know about community happenings.
As part of his or her duty, the staff writer will be heavily involved with the
community, and represents beijingkids and True Run Media to a variety of
organizations, including at events.
If you’re interested, send us a copy of your resume, some writing samples
that demonstrate your skills, and a cover letter selling us on why you’re
perfect for the job to email@example.com.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Fluent English writing skills
- Great social skills and a sense of fun and adventure
- A passion and dedication to Beijing’s international community
- Professional reporting experience
- Conversational Mandarin
- Experience with children (anywhere from infancy through high school and
- beyond), either as a parent, teacher, or school administrator
- Direct experience with international schools
- Minimum two-year commitment
True Run Media is a 10-year-old media company dedicated to helping people in
Beijing live their lives to the fullest. Our three magazine titles – the Beijinger (http://www.thebeijinger.com), Agenda (http://www.agendabeijing.com),
and beijingkids (http://www.beijing-kids.com) – cater to the distinct needs of
people living in Beijing. At True Run Media, we recognize the value of family and we can design a work schedule that meets the needs of parents.