2 chicken breasts 鸡胸两块
1 thumb of ginger 生姜一块
½ head of garlic (slice 50g and grate the rest) 蒜半头（50g切片，其余切碎）
1 tsp ground cinnamon 肉桂粉一茶匙
1 tsp Chinese five spice 五香粉一茶匙
½ lemon 半个柠檬
2 onions, sliced 洋葱两个，切片
200g sour cream 酸奶油200g
1 bunch spring onion 大葱适量
1 bunch fresh coriander 香菜适量
Salt and pepper, to taste 盐和胡椒适量
Peanut oil 花生油
2 loaves of ciabatta bread 意大利夏巴塔面包两个
1 mango, sliced 芒果一个，切片
1. Marinate the chicken with the ginger (50g sliced; save the rest for later), onion, garlic, cinnamon, lemon juice (from half a lemon) and Chinese five spice. Let it sit in the fridge overnight.
2. Grate the rest of the ginger. Mix the sour cream with spring onion, coriander,
grated ginger and salt and pepper.
3. With a dime-size drop of peanut oil, fry the chicken with the skin side down until golden brown. Turn it and then finish cooking on a low heat.
4. Cut the bread in half and lightly toast it.
5. Slice the chicken while it’s still warm. Using half a loaf of bread per person, cover the ciabatta with sliced chicken, top it off with sour cream, and garnish with fresh coriander and mango slices.
German native Thomas Giese is a sous chef at Kempinski Hotel Beijing Lufthansa Center. He has over 10 years of experience cooking in kitchens across the globe, from the UK to Switzerland and now, China. When he’s not cooking up a storm, he can be found traveling around Asia, diving, and skateboarding.