It’s obvious from the previous post that many animals in Beijing are still in need of a good home. The organization Beijing Adoption Day is holding a pet adoption day today from 4pm to 8pm. The event takes place at the Beichen Shidai Mingmen Baihuo department store at 8 Beichen Donglu, Chaoyang District (朝阳区北辰东路8号北辰时代名门百货).
Beijing Adoption Day has a few requirements for potential pet owners:
- A steady job and address
- The entire family must be behind the adoption
- Make sure that dogs get registered
- Get shots on time and take the animal to the hospital when it’s sick
- Wait until the animal is old enough before spaying/neutering
- No leaving, discarding, or gifting the animal and keeping in touch with its rescuers
- Sign an adoption contract and agree to allow the adoption organization to do a follow-up visit
If you think you can fulfill the above requirements, head on over. You may find the newest, furriest member of your family.
Buses 328, 379, 419, 108, 124, 406, 408, 运通110, 426, 758, 803, 984, and 985 go to the department store. Get off at Anhui Qiao Bei (安慧桥北), and walk towards Nanlu Xi 南路西).
To find out more, call 6499 1155 or check out Beijing Adoption Day’s Weibo page (Chinese-only).
Photo by fazen via Flickr