Earth Day was on Monday (April 22), but every day is a good day to celebrate the planet. This Earth tambourine is an easy craft for kids that mixes a love for the environment with a love for music.
2 paper plates
Some pasta, cereal or rice
A green crayon
A brush or a sponge
1. Draw the Earth’s continents on both paper plates using the green crayon. Press hard so that the wax from the crayons goes on properly.
2. Grab the brush or sponge and cover the plates with blue paint. If the wax from the crayon is thick enough, it should automatically repel the paint.
3. However, if the blue paint does cover the green of the continents, gently clean it off with a paper towel.
4. Allow the plates to dry.
5. Put some pasta or cereal between the two plates.
6. Staple the plates together – and you’re done. Now shake your Earth tambourine and make some music!
Adapted from Earth Tambourine