This year, Mother’s Day falls on May 12. Get ready for the big day by making a bouquet of carefully-crafted tissue paper carnations. Unlike real flowers, these ones will never wither – just like your love for Mom.
· Pink, white and green tissue paper
· Pipe cleaners
- Stack three to four sheets of the pink tissue paper together, then cut them into strips measuring around 30cm (12 inches) long and 10-13cm (4-5 inches) wide.
- Cut off around 4cm (1.5 inches) from the end of the pipe cleaners and set the sections aside.
- Lay about 5cm (2 inches) of the pipe cleaners onto the pink tissue paper and roll the paper (from the short end) around the stem.
- Now use the shorter pipe cleaner sections that you set aside earlier and twist them around the bottom of the tissue paper.
- Cut 6cm (2.5 inches) slits along the top of the rolled tissue paper. Keep going until all the strips are cut.
- Take a 15cmx5cm (6×2 inches) piece of green paper tissue, roll it up, and place it at the top of the flower stem.
- To create the flower’s leaves, take the bottom of the stem, bring it up and over the green tissue paper, and twist tightly.
Make as many flowers as you like to create a bouquet. Put it in a vase to decorate the house or Mom’s office. Happy Mother’s Day!
Source:Tissue Paper Carnations