Here’s your chance to join the quirky group responsible for Beijing’s essential international family resource. beijingkids is looking for two courageous souls to join the team as either the School Editor or Staff Writer/Editor.
The School Editor’s responsibilities include:
- Pitching and writing relevant content for the magazine and blog
- Maintaining relationships with contacts within the international school scene
- Being accountable for coordinating our School Correspondent Program involving student writers
- Attending in-house, sponsored and other relevant community events
- Taking photos and blogging about these events for the website
- Attending monthly story meetings and weekly inter-departmental meetings
The Staff Writer/Editor’s duties include:
- Participating in editorial planning and execution by sending out and receiving all articles, and giving them an initial polish and formatting
- Researching and writing content for the magazine (including several regular columns and at least one feature per month)
- Recruiting models for photo shoots
- Assisting the Managing Editor in delegating writing assignments, copy editing editorial content
- Helping the Managing Editor train interns and other staff members
- Attending events on behalf of the brand and the company.
Polish your CV, gather up your written samples, write us an email at email@example.com, and just press send.
Why? Because we want you!
Original photo from Wikimedia Commons