Calling all aspiring writers and editors – beijingkids is looking for an intern.
Whether you’re looking to break into the media industry, build up your writing portfolio, or become more integrated with the community, this internship with Beijing’s foremost family magazine will be demanding and rewarding in equal measure.
Anyone hoping to become acquired with a photocopier should stop reading now. We are looking for someone to write for the magazine and make valuable contributions to the day-to-day running of beijingkids.
Responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
- Pitching, researching, and writing articles for the magazine and annual guides (that includes going out of the office for interviews).
- Blogging regularly for the beijingkids website.
- Helping update and maintain our social media sites.
- Assisting with creating and uploading content to the website.
You should be:
- A fluent English speaker with strong writing and editing skills.
- Web-savvy and fluent in social media.
- Enthusiastic and keen to build links in the community.
- Available for a minimum of 3 days a week, although full-time candidates are preferred.
- Able to commit to at least two months in the role.
You do not need to be:
- Fluent in Chinese, though it will certainly help.
- A parent.
- Good at making tea/coffee – we ask our interns to do real work.
Some compensation offered depending on the length and nature of the internship term. To apply for the role, send a CV and at least two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.