A new school year means a fresh start – and the beijingkids parent board member is no exception. If you’re a parent, passionate about parenting or education topics, plugged into Beijing’s family scene, and eager to make your opinions heard, we want you for the board! Read on for requirements.
The beijingkids parent board meets once a month after the magazine comes out. We, the editors, take you out for a nice lunch and you, the parent board, tell us how we did on the latest issue. The meetings take place on a Friday during the first half of the month and run from 11.30am to around 1.30pm.
What’s in it for you? Why, let me tell you:
- Publicity for yourself and your business: Your name, contact, and place of business will be listed in our magazine and website (if desired) as part of our parent board, to be seen by all our readers.
- Influence: Your input will directly influence the content and the direction of the magazine.
- Connections: Serving on the board gets you face time and get-to-know-you opportunities with other board members.
- Freebies: A free subscription to beijingkids magazine and a free lunch every month for the board meeting
There are just a few simple rules:
- You can’t miss more than three (3) meetings in a calendar year.
- You can’t miss two (2) meetings in a row.
- You must arrive on time to meetings.
- You must come to meetings prepared; most members bring their own tagged and annotated copy of the magazine.
If you’re interested in checking out or joining the board, please email sijiachen [at]beijing-kids [dot]com.
Your intro should include your name, nationality, number of years in Beijing, what you do, and how many kids you have (as well as their ages and schools).
Photo: nosha (Flickr)