Best friends Grace Yang and Amy Dong’s careers have centered on children’s playground manufacturing. One of their projects was building a playground for a Disney Channel TV set, so it was only a matter of time before they decided to open another space based on a similar design.
After a fruitless year-long search for partners, Yang and Dong used their savings to launch PPkids, a new play center at Indigo Mall. Featuring a jungle-themed play area called the Kids Garden, the center occupies 250sqm with over 20 soft play activities. The climbing frame features slides, rope drops and climbs, an observation deck for parents to take photos in, and a pedal-operated train.
There’s also a toddler section with a ball pit, a mini-climbing frame, a kitchen station, toys, and miniature cars. Most of the surfaces are covered in leather and soft turf floor for safety. Anti-slip socks are available for RMB 10 a pair.
PPkids has three birthday party packages available for kids aged 1-8. Designed for a group of ten, the basic package costs RMB 3,000 and RMB 150 per extra child; the deluxe package costs RMB 5,000 and RMB 350 per extra child; and the premier package costs RMB 7,000 and RMB 500 per extra child. See below for what’s included in each package.
As part of its collaboration with Indigo Mall, PPkids will have themed parties with children’s activities happening in the shopping center in any given season. For example, kids celebrating their birthdays during the winter may have access to the indoor ice skating rink while summer birthday boys and girls can use the outdoor playground.
• Two hours’ exclusive use of Indigo Mall’s Orange Zone
• All-day access to PPkids Kids Garden
• A host, three games, and activities such as dancing, parent-child obstacle races, and scavenger hunts
• Ten gift bags
• Birthday decorations
• One-pound birthday cake from EAST Beijing
• Dole juice and mineral water
• Same first six services as basic package
• Three-course meal from EAST Beijing
• Same first five services as basic package
• Two-pound birthday cake from EAST Beijing
• Four-course meal from EAST Beijing
• Clown performance or face painting
Play Center Prices
• Four hours: RMB 138, RMB 50 per additional hour
• Day pass: RMB 158
• Five-time card: RMB 500 (valid for three months)
• Ten-time card: RMB 850 (valid for six months)
• Monthly card: RMB 899
• Season card: RMB 2,499 (valid for three months)
• Half-year card: RMB 3,999
• Annual card: RMB 5,999
Daily 10am-9pm. Shop 75, 3/F, Indigo Mall, 18 Jiuxianqiao Lu, Chaoyang District (8430 8145)朝阳区酒仙桥路18号颐堤港3层75底商
This article originally appeared on p19 in the November 2014 issue of beijingkids. To view it online for free, click here. To find out how you can obtain your own copy, email email@example.com.
Photos: courtesy of PPkids