Dazzling, elegant, and spirited, Sicilian-born Bianca Teti is a perfect match for the limited-edition Lamborghini Aventador we borrowed for this month’s shoot. She embraces the open road, having lived in Sweden, Japan, and India before moving to Beijing. Four months ago, she and her French husband Jean-Christophe Laneri welcomed bambino Samuel. Teti will soon return to her role as a business consultant at Ericsson and is eager to refresh her look.
This is our third time working with Scarlet Salmons, now creative director of Z Hairdressing. During Teti’s consultation, it’s easy to understand the loyalty of Salmons’ clientele. Hers is a collaborative approach, listening to customer suggestions and thoroughly explaining her vision.
Although Teti is keen on a fresh color, Salmons cautions that her hair is too damaged for additional processing. Pollution and hormonal
changes that occur after pregnancy have dried and tangled Teti’s locks. Salmons orders up a proprietary blend of caviar, walnut, almond, and avocado oils to create a lustrous mane of glossy curls. She offers Teti a free coloring when her hair condition has improved sufficiently.
Salmons recommended a dynamic, weightless re-style. “Long hair needs just as much attention as short hair,” she says. “People with long hair often think they can get away with a cheap trim, but it’s not true. We want to give our clientele a no-maintenance, wash-and-go style that looks good without a ton of product. To do that, you need a precision cut.”
1. First, Salon Manager Chingy divided Teti’s hair into sections and applied the conditioning treatment. Her hair was curled, pinned, and steamed to seal the oils into the follicles. Once the treatment was washed out, her hair was finished with a blend of nine essential oils to eliminate frizz and leave it feeling super soft and shiny.
2. Teti’s old cut was flat on top, with triangular volume at the ends. Salmons sliced in a side-swept fringe and added layers in the front to frame Teti’s face, creating lift and bounce at the roots.
3. Chingy applied primer, liquid foundation, and a light dusting of powder with some concealer under the eyes. Bronzing powder was stippled across Teti’s hairline, temples, and under her cheekbones and jawbone. Her smoky grey eyes were achieved with a blend of metallic grays across the lid, lighter at the inner corner and darker at the outer lid and crease. Her upper lashes were lined with liquid eyeliner, with a dramatic retro cat-eye flick. A wash of strawberry cream blush and a slick of bright candy pink lipstick completed the look.
- Biotherm Primer
- Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation
- Benefit Hello Flawless Powder
- Dior Diorskin Nude Concealer
- Mac Bronzing Powder in Golden
- Urban Decay Naked2 palette
- L’Oreal Lineur Intense Brush Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- Shu Uemura Tint in Milky Framboise
- Mac Matte Lipstick in Candy Yum Yum
Daily 10am-9pm. Shop B1-003, Bldg 5, 8 Xindong Lu, Chaoyang District (8424 4533) 朝阳区新东路8号院5号楼B1-003
To receive 50 percent off your first cut at Z Hairdressing or to enjoy your own deep conditioning and moisturizing treatment with a free blowdry for RMB 500, simply bring your copy of beijingkids to the salon.
This article originally appeared on p20-21 in the November 2014 issue of beijingkids. To view it online for free, click here. To find out how you can obtain your own copy, email email@example.com.
Photos: Dave PiXSTUDIO