Have you ever suspected your son could be part of a world-changing dynasty one day? (Besides your own, obviously). Casting Director PoPing AuYeung is in Beijing looking for just the right child actor to take a role in Netflix/The Weinstein Company’s Marco Polo, Season 2. The American drama series follows the young Marco Polo as he navigates the court of the Kublai Khan.
She is looking to find a Eurasian or Asian child actor to play the role of 12-year-old Prince Jingim, the Khan’s son and heir, who is eager to live up to the wisdom and strength of his father. The successful actor must resemble the Australian actor Remy Hii who plays the adult Prince Jingim (pictured above and after the jump) and speak native or fluent English. Martial arts experience would also be advantageous.
AuYeung previously worked on Karate Kid, and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II: The Green Destiny, as well as other big-budget Sino-foreign productions. You can learn more about AuYeung’s general requirements for submissions and advice for auditions here.
While overall shooting for the season will take place from mid-June to December, filming for this role will take place in Budapest and Malaysia between June and August/September.
If your son fits the profile, send the following information to AuYeung at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Attach two close-up recent head shots of your child taken with your cellphone. Do not put photos in the body of the email.
- Full name of child actor in English and also parents’ names.
- Contact details: Parents’ emails, phone numbers, skype, wechat, whatsapp etc.
- Age of child actor
- City of current residence in China
- School name
- Performing experience, if any
- Martial arts experience, if any
Photos courtesy of PoPing AuYeung