If you’re stuck here for the summer and not in the mood to pack the kids up to head out of the house then here are some “let the kids have their own fun activities” sure to keep the younger ones occupied for sometime. None of these activities require an electronic device just some old school fun. thestir.cafemom.com has come up with 50 cool summer activities for bored kids that can be done without parents being involved. More after the jump.
Here are some of our picks for you to try out:
- Make a mini golf course with a ball and plastic cups dug into the ground.
- Draw a chalk target on the fence and hold a water balloon throwing contest.
- Build a backyard zip line for dolls or action figures.
- This is a timeless classic, two words: papier mâché.
- Make a crazy backyard or even in the house obstacle course for a family competition.
- Use pens to decorate an old white t-shirt. Loser of the family obstacle course competition has to wear it to outside the house.
- Parents hide all the stuffed animals outside, kids strategize and execute a rescue mission.
- Create a water pistol target range. Water, summer, and kids go hand in hand together.