The United Family Charitable Fund has teamed up with China’s overseas charity foundation and the Beijing Marathon Association to bring this year’s Run for Hope full marathon (42.19km) that’s going to take place on September 22. This race starts at Tiananmen and finishes at the Olympic Park (map will be made available later) and is going to be held in an effort to raise funds to pay the medical expenses of orphans in need of life-changing surgeries; five of whom are on the immediate help list with four more on a waiting list.
The registration fee of RMB 1,500 is considered a donation and all participants have to do is run. To secure a place though, interested moms, dads, and teens would need to pay and refundable deposit of RMB 800 due July 26. The deposit is only refundable once the full RMB 1,500 has been paid before September 22. As for institutions applicants, here are the guidelines:
- When registering, the company must provide the exact number of runners and submit the correct amount of deposits. (Reimbursed upon donations)
- Person responsible for each company needs to directly submit the information of each person participating.
- The corporation needs to directly submit any donations
- Registering time for enterprises: July 1- 30
- Each member participating needs to sign the pledge
- Enterprises need to follow the foundation’s guidelines while donating
- Each participating enterprise needs to submit all donations prior to September 22 2015
Participants will get free registration prizes, three free marathon-training courses, two free rehabilitation courses a certificate, and a T-shirt. Trophies will be given to the top three companies and other rewards while special prizes will be given to the top five fundraisers.
Last year’s Run for Hope took place with the air quality index of +440 and over 200 people participated in the marathon. In addition to assisting orphans get medical help, United Family Charitable Fund other programs include providing abused women and migrant workers with access to innovative healthcare.
Registration fees need to be dropped off at the United Family Charitable Fund office Rm 4002 Putian Executive Office Block, 2 Jiangtai Lu, Chaoyang District.
For more information call 5927 7462 or visit www.unitedfoundation.org
Photos: United Family Charitable Fund