In anticipation of the Beijing International School Expo on January 16-17, we will be highlighting local and international schools around Beijing from the upcoming 2016-2017 beijingkids School Choice Guide, which comes out on January 4.
With over two decades’ experience providing bilingual K-12 education, BIBS has grown from one campus to nine and from a kindergarten-only curriculum to a complete K-12 school. BIBS boasts a unique program that combines the best of Eastern and Western educational philosophies and seeks to empower its learners to become bilingual, multi-cultural and globally-minded citizens who are equipped with the knowledge and integrity to function successfully, responsibly and effectively in an ever-evolving global environment.
Founding date: 1993 (Beanstalk International Kindergarten- BIK), 2003 (BIBS Elementary School), 2009 (BIBS Middle School & High School)
Age range: 2-18
Grade Offered: Kindergarten to Grade 12
School type: Kindergarten, Elementary School, Middle School, High School
Curriculum Description: Upper East Side (UES) – IB PYP (candidate), WASC accredited; Shunyi- IB PYP, MYP (candidate), DP (authorized); Dongrun – Chinese National Curriculum
Boarding Program: Homestay provided to Grades 7-12
Number of students: over 2,000
Is the school registered with the Ministry of Education? Yes
Foreign passport holders accepted? Yes
Local Chinese students accepted? Yes
Tuition fees (2015-2016 academic Year):
• Application fee: RMB 1,600 (BIK, Elementary and Senior School)
• BIBS UES Campus and Shunyi Campus: RMB 186,000
• BIBS Dongrun Campus: RMB 100,000
• BIK – Solana Campus: RMB 120,000 (half day); RMB 138,000 (full day)
• BIK – Wanda Campus: RMB 60,000 (full day)
• BIK – Yangshan Campus: RMB 100,000 (full day)
• BIK – Wanghu Campus: RMB 100,000 (full day)
• Chang Qing Teng Kindergarten: RMB 20,400 (full day)
Lunch fee: RMB 25 per day (Dongrun Campus only), kindergarten RMB 800 per month, lunch included in tuition at UES Campus and Shunyi Campus.
Transportation fee: RMB 10,000 per year (optional)
Uniform: RMB 2,500 per set (BIBS K-12)
Capital levy fee: RMB 8,000 (International Kindergarten)
Lunch offered: Nutritionist-approved menu includes vegetarian, Muslim, Chinese, and Western options.
Nationality of students: Over 35 nationalities including China, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Spain, and US.
Primary teaching language: English
Other languages taught: Chinese, Spanish
Average class size: Maximum 22
Average teacher/student ratio: Approximately 1:6
School hours: 8:00am-5:00pm (kindergarten) 8:30am-4:00pm (UES Campus), 8:30am-3:30pm (BIBS Shunyi Campus)
After school activities: Vary depending on campus and grade level, but include ballet, gymnastics, tennis, basketball, soccer, dance, drama, music, Model UN, and more.
Extra help offered: EAL, CSL, and Learning Support
Scholarships Offered: Yes
School facilities: Varies according to campus
School nurse: Yes, qualified full time nurse on each campus.
• BIBS – UES Campus (K-6): 6 DongsihuanBeilu, Chaoyang District (5130 7951) firstname.lastname@example.org) 朝阳区东四环北路6 号阳光上东二区
• BIBS – Shunyi Campus (K-12): 15 LiyuanJie, Tianzhu, Shunyi District (6456 0618, shunyi@ bibs.com.cn) 天竺镇丽苑街15号(林荫路新世纪荣和儿科门诊部东南侧90米
• BIBS – Dongrun Campus (K-6): 38 Nan Shiliju, Chaoyang District (8610 8456/6019 email@example.com) 朝阳区南十里居38号
• BIK – Solana Campus: Bldg 16, 6 Chaoyang Park Road, Chaoyang District (5905-6700 solana@ bibs.com.cn) 朝阳区朝阳公园路6号院16号楼
• BIK – Wanda Campus: Bldg 7, Wanda Plaza, 93 Jianguo Lu, Chaoyang District (5960-3887/5960-3997 firstname.lastname@example.org) 朝阳区建国路93号万达广场7号楼
• BIK – Wanghu Campus: 51 WangjingBeilu (next to Park Service) Chaoyang District (6478-4166 email@example.com) 朝阳区望京北路51号（望湖公园管理处旁）
• BIK -Yangshan Campus: Bldg 7, East Gate A, Yangshan Park, 30 Anli Lu, Chaoyang District (6430 -4594/6430-4493 firstname.lastname@example.org. cn) 朝阳区安立路30号仰山公园东1门7号楼
•BIK- Haikou Campus: 111 Binhai Road (next to HNA Beach) Xiuying District Haikou, Hainan (898 6872 0277/ 6871 0377 hainan@bibs. com.cn) 海南省海口市秀英区滨海大道111号（新国宾馆旁）
•Beanstalk Changqingteng Kindergarten: 4 DongbaNanyijie, Chaoyang District (8537-9659 email@example.com) 北京市朝阳区东坝南一街4号