If you haven’t signed up your kid for a summer camp yet–it’s not too late! You might have missed the early bird discounts, but quite a few camps are still accepting applications for at least July, and August (ask them about June!)
SBJ Summer Camps, June 13-Aug 5 Ages 5-15. Sports Beijing will be hosting its weekly sports camps at at ISB’s air-conditioned Fusion Dome. The choices are basketball, gymnastics, and soccer in the mornings; multi-sports (flag football, dodge ball, ultimate frisbee, etc.) in the afternoon. Tennis is now also offered in cooperation with Fusion Tennis Center. Water activities, such as water fights and pool time, can be expected, as well as fun games such as capture the flag and obstacle courses. The Aqua Warriors swim camp is for competitive swimmers, and the HS Youth Performance Camp will be held at Duck and Goose Ranch in Huairou.
- RMB 2,700 (ISB dome), RMB 1,600 (swim camp), RMB 5,200 (HS performance camp). Price includes lunch, camp t-shirts, and transportation. (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
HoK Around the World, Jul 4-15
Ages 3-6. Children joining the camp will first get to make their own passport as they’re going on a trip around the word! What should they pack in their suitcase? Where are they going? They explore maps and world objects, then off they go around the world. At each destination they will explore the culture, songs, language and food in a fun and captivating way using games, music, art, geography and science. There will be a whole host of activities to keep the children’s minds and bodies active this summer.
- RMB 2,200/week (full day). RMB 1,350/week without lunch (half day). RMB 1,720/week with lunch (half day). School bus transportation for an additional RMB 200/week. (contact email@example.com, 400 650 7747).
Ivy Camps, Jul 4-Aug 12
Ages 2.6-8. Ivy Academy offers eleven camps at five different campuses. The overall camp selections are: Creative Expressions; Artistic Appreciation; Journey of Art Discovery; Science Shenanigans; Get Active; Sports and Food; Approaching China; Wet and Wild; Traditional Chinese Culture; OE Bilingual Camp; and Game Designer.
- RMB 2,850-7,200/session/2 weeks. (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
ClubFootball, Jul 5-Aug 24
Ages 4.5-16. China Club Football has been around since 2001, hosting football classes and camps that promote coordination and teamwork. This summer, their coaches will have week long summer classes for players of all skill levels, or minimal three-day intensive workshops, depending on your child’s schedule.
- RMB 800-1,500/week. Camps will be held in Chaoyang Park, Olympic Forest Park, Zhongguancun, Wangjing, Lido and Shunyi (contact email@example.com, 5130 6893)
Atelier Artistic Summer Camps, Jun 27-Jul 26
Ages 5-12. Atelier Art School will be running funny, creative, and inspiring artistic summer camps for one thematic week. The themes include a Cubism Workshop; Hokusai and Japan; Egyptian Civilization; Africa; The Little Prince; Around the World in Eighty Days.
- RMB 1,500/week, session. Morning session for 5-8 year olds. Afternoon session for 9-12 year olds. Note that the Sanlitun campus sessions begin on Jun 27 and end on Aug 26, while the Shunyi campus begins on Jun 13 and ends on Jul 22. See their website for a detailed schedule of when each theme is taught. (firstname.lastname@example.org, 132 4018 490, 6416 1614).
Chinese Cultural Summer Camps, Jul 18-22, Aug 8-12, Aug 15-19
Ages 6-14, China Culture Center hosts a five day bilingual summer camp with both indoor hands-on activities and outdoor tours exploring the city’s authentic Chinese culture and structures.
- RMB 3,200 per child for 5 days. China Culture Center (email@example.com, 6432 9341)
The Children’s House Summer Camp, Jul 11-Aug 18
Ages 1.5-6. The Children’s House Summer Camp will be hosted at the Kempinski and China World campuses. Daily programs include nature arts and crafts, music, story tales and lots more.
- RMB 1,500 (half-day), RMB 2,000 (half-day + lunch), RMB 3,000 (full day) for a session (one week). 10% discount if you sign up for all five weeks. (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 6505 3869 or 6465 1305)
Flips & Kicks Plus Summer Camp, Jun 27-Jul 1, Jul 4-Jul 8 Ages 4-12. Flips & Kicks Plus offers a multi-sports Summer Camp where children can try fun sports, such as: Gymnastics, Martial Arts, Track & Field, Football, Ping Pong, Basketball etc.
- RMB 1,980 (half day-1 block). RMB 3,080 (full day-1 block). Price includes water and a fruit snack. Please bring your own water bottle. Lunch can be provided for an additional fee. (email@example.com, 13718462044)
That’s Mandarin! Chinese Summer Camp, Jun 27-Jul 10, Jul 11-24, Jul 25-Aug 7, Aug 8-21
Ages 5-17. That’s Mandarin offers several different camp options to suit any family! There are morning camps, day camps, and full day camps. For older children, there are also homestay camps, and if you’d like in on the fun—family camps! Camps can be two week long or four week long. The full-length program includes intensive Chinese classes with cartoon class, reading and writing, and topic based oral lessons. Each week has three days of cultural activities, including traditional Chinese calligraphy, opera mask painting, cooking classes, Chinese knot making, and mahjong. Field trips and excursions are also available for Beijing, such as the Great Wall, Ming Tombs, Confucius Temple, and Beihai Park.
- For Beijing camps, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (5218 6432). For the Shanghai camps, contact: email@example.com (6452 0017).
BSC Sailing Camps, Jun 12-Aug 26
Ages 8-16. Beijing Sailing Center will be hosting single and double week sailing classes. The program provides an adventurous, intellectual and educational experience, while honing your child’s leadership and communication skills. Last summer they hosted over 500 children and their parents coming. The center is both convenient to Beijing (a 2 hour train ride trip) and all the accommodation, transportation, a meal, activities, chaperones, and entertainments are covered.
- RMB 13,400 (2 weeks), RMB 6,700 (1 week). Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (400 180 0107).
Hyde Education Summer Enrichment Program, Jul 11-Aug 12
Grades 1-9. Hyde Academy has scheduled a series of fun, hands-on, academic summer enrichment programs in math, science, language arts, and humanities for students in grades 1- 9. Take a tour of the universe from the inside out with our exciting introductory physics course. Use math to explore the world around us through a variety of inquiry-based problems and projects. Fancy yourself as the next Sherlock Holmes? Sign up for our Crime Scene Investigation program. Other course titles include: Public Speaking, Archaeology, Geography: Mapping our World, and Vocabulary and the Art of Writing.
- RMB 2,250 (half day), RMB 4,275 (full day) per week. Contact email@example.com (8046-3886).
O’le Climbing Summer Camp, Jun 20-24, Jul 4-8, Aug 1-5, 8-12, 15-18
Ages 15-19. O’le Climbing will be offering indoor and outdoor adventure summer camps for students during the summer holiday. Various activities are ready for this summer from indoor rock climbing to outdoor camping trip, all activities lead by professional and qualified instructors.
- RMB 4,500 (includes equipment and admission, transportation, food for two camp days). (firstname.lastname@example.org, 150 0137 1016).
TSL Beijing Academic Summer, Jun 27-Aug 18
TSL will be running a range of of academic summer courses in their Shunyi learning centres including one-to-one classes, “Get Ahead” program for international school students, group classes (on topics ranging from English literature to journalism) and Project-Based Learning (science, design, writing or service-based).
- RMB 300-800/hr (2-week commitment). Space still available in the 2-week UK summer course in St. Albans and Cambridge University. (contact: email@example.com).
Imagine Summer Camps, Jun 13-Aug 19
Ages 7-14. Imagine is hosting three summer camps this summer: Knight School, Survival, and Watersports camps!
- RMB 3,500/week (survival). RMB 4000/week (knight/watersports). RMB 800 deposit required upon registration. Campers do not stay overnight. Price includes transportation, equipment, and supplies. Requires own lunch. (firstname.lastname@example.org, 5739 4933).
Please let us know if more summer camps are still open!
Photo: Flickr, courtesy of each organization