This Saturday, July 23, from 2 to 5pm, Together for Animals in China (TACN) will be hosting a casual gathering for Beijingers thinking about a new floppy-eared, puppy-eyed (literally) addition to their family. Adopting is not only a compassionate choice, but also an economical one, so if your family is thinking of buying a new dog, consider adopting one instead.
The gathering will be hosted at Gangcuo Cafe in Shuangjing, and will offer an opportunity to meet many dogs hoping to find families in Beijing (many of whom were rescued from the dog meat trade industry) and to learn more about pet welfare via a series of speakers and specialists who will be delivering talks addressing the following topics:
- Pet Adoption in Beijing – preparation, adoption, and post-adoption
- TACN’s International Adoption Programme – adoption of pets abroad
- Veterinary Advice – animal care, well-being, and tips
- Available Pets for Adoption – show and tell of current available pets for adoption in Beijing
- Q&A and discussion – attendees may ask questions as well as share their experiences as pet owners
The event will take place at the following address: Shuangjing / Dongsihuan 双井东四环 1/F, Bldg 28, Baiziwan Lu 32, 6 Pingguo Yishuyuanjie, Chaoyang District 朝阳区 百子湾路32号苹果艺术院街6号楼28号1层
To register for this event, please click here.
Related event: Kombucha Yappy Hour at Xian Bar, July 23
This post is adapted from this theBeijinger article.
Images courtesy of TACN (Hua Hua, in the featured image above, is available for adoption)