Previously, we reported how China lacks pediatricians, causing rural and small town residents to flock to big cities for treatment. Now, we discover that the top ten Beijing hospitals with pediatric departments have been rejecting children with “common ailments,” such as cuts and skin problems.
Beijing Today reports that several parents have been bounced from one hospital to another when seeking treatment for their children. Trial and error suggests that if your kid has minor scrapes, cuts, skin infections, and eczema, don’t take your child to one of the top ten Beijing hospitals.
Hospitals that rejected children included the following:
- Children’s Hospital and Capital Institute of Pediatrics
- Second Hospital of Beijing
- Xuanwu Hospital
- Anzhen Hospital
China’s shortage of pediatricians extends to the capital as despite how the Beijing Municipal Commission of Health and Family Planning requires hospitals above level two to offer outpatient pediatric services, most hospitals do not have pediatric departments. According to Cui Hong, the director of pediatrics at Beijing Friendship Hospital, practicing pediatricians make avoiding law suits a priority by choosing to deal with only internal medicine, leaving outpatient pediatrics unmanned.
Based on the 2016 appraisal report on the top medical care centers released by Beijing Municipal Commission of Health and Family Planning. The report ranks medical centers based on service capacity, efficiency, safety and specialization. Find the list below of Beijing’s top ten hospitals below:
1. Beijing University Third Hospital, No. 49 North Garden Rd, Haidian District
2. Peking Union Medical College Hospital, No. 1 Shuaifuyuan, Wangfujing, Dongcheng District
3. Beijing Friendship Hospital, Capital Medical University, No. 95 Yongan Rd, Xicheng District
4. Xuanwu Hospital, Capital Medical University, No. 45 Changchunjie, Xicheng District
5. Peking University First Hospital, No. 8 Xishiku Dajie, Xicheng District
6. Beijing Chaoyang Hospital, No. 8 Gongti Nanlu, Chaoyang District
7. Peking University People’s Hospital, No. 11 Xizhimen South Street, Xicheng District
8. Beijing Tian Tan Hospital, Capital Medical University, No. 6 Tiantan Xili, Dongcheng District
9. Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Capital Medical University, No. 2 Anzhen Rd, Chaoyang District
10. Beijing Luhe Hospital, Capital Medical University, No. 82 Xinhua Nanlu, Tongzhou District