The YYGS Beijing program is a 9-day residential program with seven days of academic programming, including daily lectures by distinguished Yale faculty members, discussions, career talks, seminars, and workshops. Topics and materials will be at first year university level and are chosen by the lecturer’s specialty with the intention of opening students’ minds to new ideas and perspectives. Past lecture topics have included how to start your own venture, keys to business success, and the differences between private, public, and non-profit sectors. Participants can choose their seminar topics, which will be presented in a US college style, allowing students to experience how material is presented and processed in US universities. In addition, students will have social events, where they can network with instructors and staff members.
- Chance to be paired with a Yale mentor for a year
- Learn from Yale faculty
- Receive a certificate of completion
- Taught how to write a personal statement (for college applications)
- Coached in interview practice (for college applications)
- Meet a diverse group of like-minded individuals from all over the world
- Participate in interdisciplinary lectures, elective seminars, and skills-building workshops designed to teach leadership, communication, and presentation skills
The program requires excellent English skills and recommends students to take the TOEFL or IELTS if they haven’t already.