It is probably hard to ever hear that a child doesn’t like pizza, no matter the cultural background. BeijingKids proudly announces that our head company “the Beijinger” this year again is hosting the annual Pizza Cup, where you can sample as many of the capital’s pies as you can, and then vote for the champion!
Here’s what the whole event will offer:
Great pizza on great discount without quality compromise (Now through Nov 7)
RMB 40 for a pizza? What about RMB 30 or even RMB 20? Well, prove to your friends, co-workers, or even your landlord, that you too, can find cheap and cheesy bargains, and it won’t be any sub-standard grub neither. Expect some of the best, yes … the very best deals (drop-dead, pilfering pepperoni steals!) until 7 November. Proletariat masses rejoice!
Pizza Fest (Oct 15-16)
Eating pizzas by yourself is all good and all … but what about a pizza-themed party, put on by us, the Beijinger, that cranks the cheesy adulation to a whole ‘nother crust. Last year, 7,000 people enjoyed our two-day orgy of pizza where two dozen of Beijing’s best threw down their best pies for slice-by-slice sampling. This year’s festival, held in an even bigger and better venue on the grounds of Wangjing Soho, is going to be even more stupendous: a weekend that will prove Beijing isn’t just the capital of China’s pies, but a city that deserves pizza respect on the world stage (look out Naples, New York, and Chicago).
Pizza Cup Voting Bracket (Oct 17-Nov 7)
Just like our Burger Cup, we scoured literally every pizza-serving establishment in Beijing (there’s well-over 200 pizzerias in the capital) to come up with an all-encompassing list which reflects the diversity of pies our fair city serves. The salami spectrum of styles includes: Napoli, Roman, Sicilian, New York, Detroit, Chicago, Korean, and even those unusual concoctions (chocolate pizza, anyone?) with Chinese characteristics.
The upper-crust will then face off in our NCAA Basketball-style 64-contestant voting bracket. In each round we’ll pit two of Beijing’s best pies against one another until we once again have the ultimate list of the best pizzas of Beijing, which gluttons can keep for future reference when the urge to consume mass quantities exist. (Original article here)
We will follow up reporting on this event every Friday from now on and meanwhile, we suggest you make the following preparations:
- Mark your calendars for the October 15-16 Pizza Fest;
- Check out last year’s final rankings and make your hit list of new places to sample;
- Contribute your two cents on who is the best by filling out our Pizza My Mindprofile here.
Tickets are now on sale for our Oct 15-16 Pizza Fest at the Zaha Hadid-designed Wangjing Soho … Tickets are limited so buy ahead to make sure you don’t miss out! Click here to purchase (standard ticket RMB25, Early Slice price at RMB20)!
Three Reasons Why You Need to Buy an Early Slice Ticket (为什么需要购买早鸟票)：
1. Guaranteed Entrance: Due to security reasons, we simply cannot accommodate all of Beijing’s pizza-crazed masses at a one time. Buying an Early Slice Ticket means you won’t find yourself missing out on the fun.
2. Picnic Away: Our first 1,000 purchasers will receive a complimentary portable picnic blanket so that you can plant your rump somewhere nice on the vast expanse of Wangjing Soho to enjoy your pizza with your friends and family!
3. Save RMB 5. Even if we do have any leftover tickets to sell on the day of the event, we’re jacking them up to 25, which means the smart tuhao will buy in advance and sock those extra RMBs away towards the Ferrarri Repair Fund.
Another Way to Buy an Early Slice Ticket (其他购票方式):
Not accustomed to making purchases online? If so, you can also buy a good old fashioned paper ticket at the reception desk of Sanfine International Hospital (Bldg 4 Shimao International Center, 13 Gongti Beilu, 6413 6688, click here for map) from September 26 onward. The first 50 purchasers of physical tickets at Sanfine will also receive a complimentary portable picnic blanket.
* Please note: for any general queries regarding the Pizza Festival, or for corporate packages (for those wishing to buy tickets in bulk), please contact the Beijinger’s marketing department at 010-5934 6708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org