Beijing on the surface doesn’t seem very kid-friendly, especially when you consider how few public playgrounds there are. But keep scratching that surface and you’ll discover that it’s not so unfriendly, either. Malls specifically have added breastfeeding rooms to accomodate us hardworking mamas.
So we’ve compiled a list to aid you on those days you just wanna shop and bring your little sweetheart along:
1. Parkview Green Fangcaodi has two nursing facilities, one on the ground floor and the other on B2. It is located at 9 Dongdaqiao Lu, LG 2, Chaoyang District (朝阳区 东大桥路9号). They are open daily from 10am-10pm and can be reached at 6500-5511.
2. Indigo Mall’s (颐堤港) nursing rooms can be found next to the toilets on every floor except on the ground floor. It is located at 18 Jiuxianqiao Lu, Chaoyang District (朝阳区 酒仙桥路18). They are open daily from 10am-10pm. For more information, they can be reached at 8426-0898.
3. Solana (蓝色港湾)’s nursing room is located on Level M. It is located at 6 Chaoyang Gongyuan Lu, Chaoyang District (朝阳公园路6号蓝色港湾国际商区). It is open daily from 10am-10pm, and can be reached at 5905-6565/68.
4. Galleria Mall’s nursing room is located on its second floor, to the right of the Uniqlo retail store. It has a comfortable seat, a diaper changing area and a socket for those who would like to charge their phones while tending to baby’s hungry tummy. It is located at 5 Shuguangxili Lu (northeast of Sanyuanqiao Bridge right outside Sanyuanqiao subway stop Exit B), Chaoyang District (朝阳区 曙光西里路5号（三元桥东北角，地铁10号线三元桥站B出口）. It is open from 10am-9.30pm on Mondays through Thursdays, at 10am-10pm on Fridays and Saturdays and from 10am-9.30pm on Sundays.
5. Molly Fantasy-goers will be happy to know that the Capital Mall in Taiyanggong also has its own nursing room practically next door! It is located on the third floor next to the toilet, but is very well-kept. It also has its own couch and a diaper changing area. Capital Mall is located at #12 Taiyanggong Middle Road Chaoyang District (北京市朝阳区太阳宫中路12号凯德MALL) and can be reached at 010-84150776.
6.Shin-Kong Place (新光天地) also has one on the 5th floor. It is located at 87 Jianguo Lu (beside China Central Place) Chaoyang District (朝阳区建国路87号 (华贸中心旁边). It is open daily from 10am-10pm and can be contacted at 6530 5888.
7. For those going shopping in Wangfujing, there’s a nursing room on the 5th floor Beijing APM (新东安商场（王府井APM)), b1 next to Starbucks. Beijing APM is located at 138 Wangfujing Dajie, Dongcheng District (东城区 王府井大街138号) and is open daily from 10am-10pm. For more information ring them up at 5817 6688.
8. Xin Ao Shopping Center (北京新奥购物中心)’s nursing room is located on Level B2 next to a barber shop called Li Fa (理发店). The mall is located at N0. 9 Hujing East Road and can be reached at 010-84371122 or 84371133.
9. The sassy Shuangan Department Store (双安商场) also has a nursing room on the 5th floor. When I called the customer service they couldn’t tell me where exactly the location was, except that it was in the southeast area. The mall is located at #38 East Street, North Third Ring Road, Haidian District (北京市海淀区北三环西路38号) and can be reached at 4001865588.
10. Another mall for you Haidian-ers is the Dreamport Mall (北五环的华润五彩城) which has a nursing room on every floor except for the first. It is located at #68 Qinghe Middle Street, Haidian District (海淀区清河中街68号) and for more inquiries they can be reached at 01066006666.
Mall information all from our sister site, The Beijinger and the all great Baidu.