One of the things parents always have too much of is kids clothing that our children can no longer use. They seem to grow so fast. I have so much great summer clothing for our daughter but she grew so fast that she can’t wear them anymore. One thing we don’t have enough of as parents is cute clothing stores in Beijing. I hunker back to the good old Primark in London were I could find great deals for my daughters fashion. EBay was also one of my favorites with great finds for her closet and a perfect way of reselling her outgrown pieces. Good for our wallet and for the environment.
There is a solution in sight, one of my favorite inventions from one of my favorite moms in Beijing is clothes auctions. Rebecca Archer and Bec Taylor have now come up with a great new idea to get rid of old kids clothes and gain some new kids clothes. A Kids Clothes Swap! The first Kids Clothes Swap will be held in Roundabout Community Centre, Shine Hills in Shunyi and all proceeds will go to charity. The night will be sponsored by Roundabout, Cheers, Piece of Cake, Balmain Sausage, The Yard, La Mezzaluna, and Naked Nut Butters.
This charity event is still looking for more sponsors, and is in need of more kids clothes for ages four to eight. For mothers who can’t attend but want to donate kids clothes, pick up can be arranged, please contact Archer on her WeChat: becstarnz
How To Swap in Style
- Entry fee RMB 100.
- Arrive between 7 and 7.30 pm.
- Swap begins at 8 pm.
- Mothers are welcome even if they dont have kids clothes to swap, so expectant mothers can get some good deals on gently used baby clothing.
- Bring kids clothing, from newborn to eight years old.
- Sort your clothing by age before you arrive.
- Items must be in good condition, free from stains and rips.
- There will be a free box where you can put items that do not fit the standard, and other guests can take them from the box for free.
- You will receive one token per clothing item, brand new items with tags can be exchanged for two tokens.
- Each token can be exchanged for one item.
- Extra clothing beyond your token allocation, can be purchased for RMB 10 per piece or RMB 30 for a new item with tags.
- Bring your own bag (or two) to take your items home.
- All unsold clothing will be donated to charity.
- The night will be kids free, but babies are welcome
- The event is limited to 50 people but, if it is a success, more events will be organized.