Beginning in October, Yew Chung International School of Beijing (YCIS Beijing) will hold Active Parenting Workshops, one for parents of children up to 5 years, and a second workshop for parents of children ages 5-12.
The first workshop, Active Parenting: First Five Years, is open for parents and other caregivers every Wednesday from October 18 to November 8. It focuses on making the most of the first few years of tots, showing the participants the concept of nurturing young children with “just the right” combination of freedom and nonviolent discipline. This program is created by Dr. Michael Popkin, one of the US’s foremost experts on parenting education.
Over three million parents have participated in Active Parenting Workshops, where they’ve learned about topics such as:
– What a baby’s cry means
– Ages and stages of development
– Building a strong bond
– Your child’s growing brain
– Using mindfulness to keep your cool
– Effective discipline young children can understand
– Choices and consequences
– 6 ways to prepare your child for school success
YCIS Beijing Active Parenting Workshop: From 0 to 5 Years, every Wednesday from Oct 18-Nov 8
Adults. Free. 8.30-10.30am. RSVP today by visiting the event Yoopay page.
Then every Monday beginning October 16, YCIS Beijing will conduct Active Parenting Workshop: From 5 to 12 Years, which aims to help participants achieve a fuller, more satisfying family life and help them achieve greater happiness and success. This course shows a proven-effective approach to parenting that will lead to more harmony and happiness for you and your children through:
– Using nonviolent discipline that really works;
– Opening up lines of communication—before they get clogged;
– Teaching responsibility, courage, and other important character traits;
– Encouraging school success in 7 steps;
– Preventing future problems with drugs, alcohol, and sex;
– Defusing power struggles with your children;
– Stimulating independence as your child grows older.
YCIS Beijing Active Parenting Workshop: From 5 to 12 Years, every Monday from Oct 16-Nov 20
Adults. Free. 8.30-10.30am. RSVP today by visiting the event Yoopay page. YCIS Beijing Campus, Honglingjin Park, 5 Houbalizhuang, Chaoyang District. 朝阳区后八里庄5号红领巾公园东门 (8583 3731, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Photos: PublicDomainPictures via Pixabay; courtesy of YCIS Beijing