Coats that ward off autumn’s chill
As fall brings crisp, cool days, you can seek refuge in a new coat. Some women remain true to a single, divine jacket for years, while others can’t get enough in different lengths, shapes and styles. This season’s trends call for structured tailoring and pieces that are cut with a defined waistline or cinched in by a belt for an hourglass shape (though baggy, relaxed styles can also be found). Sleeves, which have received much attention from designers recently, can be puffed, short or embellished by details. Classic tweed, jacquard, or even silk-like waterproof polyester are some of the choices on the racks. Don’t forget to experiment when concocting an outfit – try a military-inspired jacket with slouchy boots or a voluminous coat with stilettos.
1. Aquascutum Tara double-breasted coat – GBP 1,695 (RMB 21,433); www.net-a-porter.com.
2. Penny Black belted coat – Price TBD; B1/F, China world Shopping Mall, 1 Jianguomenwai Dajie, Chaoyang District (6505 3052); 朝阳区建国路大街1号, 国贸商城地下1层.
3. Michael Kors optic wave coat – GBP 1, 025 (RMB 12,964); www.net-a-porter.com.
4. Topshop full-skirted trench coat – GBP 95.00 (RMB 1,201); www.topshop.com.
5. See by Chloe yellow wool car coat – EUR 549 (RMB 5.494); www.mytheresa.com.