Looking for new ways to promote your brand? Find out more about True Run Media’s Content Marketing packages. Call 5941 0368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
This week, we’ve got several recommendations for local businesses whose services have spread through word-of-mouth.
• Many Shunyi residents have had good things to say about the small shoe repair shop on the second floor of Beijing Riviera Plaza (same complex as Jenny Lou and Annie’s).
• Landscapers abound in Shunyi. We were pleased with a simple garden project done by one of the landscapers along Anhua Jie. Coming from the intersection of ISB and BSB, drive away from Tianbei Lu and towards Huosha Lu. The stretch of greenery on the right side of the street (across from Dragon Bay) is where the different landscapers are located. Their businesses are usually unmarked; just pull up to the side of the road and people will walk up to meet you. We entrusted the haggling to our driver after we pointed out the plants we wanted. Most places will offer same-day service if they have the plants you want.
• With the weather warming up, you may have bigger garden-related projects in mind. Take a look at the selection of outdoor furniture at Beidong Flower Market. Most furniture shops will be happy to custom-make something for you.
• Another option for woodworking needs lies along Yuyang Lu, across from Yosemite A near Tasty’s. We needed a simple latticework gate and wall to enclose our garden and keep the dog in. Workers came over to measure the space, assembled the pieces in two days (including drying time for the varnish), then installed them on the third day. Again, get an expert haggler to help you if you’re not comfortable talking price.
• Finally, the impending arrival of spring has us thinking about fresh flowers. Our personal favorite is vendor Wang Zhao, whose stall is on the stretch of Yuyang Lu outside the Capital Paradise pedestrian gate.
Sausage and Pie Club
If you are a regular customer of the Sausage and Pie Club, you’ll be pleased to know there is a delivery venue near you. The following places serve as drop-off points every Friday:
• Starbucks Pinnacle Plaza, 10.30-11.30am and 6.30-7pm
• Jamaica Blue Yosemite, 11.30am-12nn
• Beijing Riviera Clubhouse, 12.30-1pm
Frozen sausages and pies will also be delivered to several Shunyi schools (Dulwich, ISB, BSB, Harrow, WAB, and more) this Friday, February 21 and on subsequent Fridays. To find out more, email email@example.com, or call 186 0003 9708 (sausages) or 186 1255 7637 (pies).
Photo by Hobbit_71 via Flickr