In anticipation of the Beijing International School Expo today and tomorrow, we will be highlighting local and international schools around Beijing from our newly released 2015-2016 beijingkids School Choice Guide.
Eduwings is a German international kindergarten for German-speaking, English-speaking, and Chinese-speaking children. Following a German kindergarten curriculum, students are put it in small groups with native-speaking teachers for an enjoyable learning experience. Alumni have gone on to attend local Chinese schools as well as various international schools such as the German Embassy School, British School of Beijing, International School of Beijing. Eduwings has two campuses in Shunyi and Haidian.
Founding date: September 2010
Age range: 1-6
Grades offered: Explorer group (ages 1-2.5), discoverer group (ages 2.5-3.5), adventurer group (ages 3.5-4.5), and expert group or preschool (ages 4.5-6)
School type: German international kindergarten
Number of students: 150 total (100 in Shunyi, 50 in Haidian)
Is the school accredited by the Ministry of Education? Yes
Foreign passport holders accepted? Yes
Local Chinese students accepted? Yes
Tuition fees (2014-2015 academic year):
• Application fee: RMB 4,500
• Full day: RMB 80,000 (includes uniform, lunch, two snacks, and special afternoon activities)
• Half-day: RMB 58,000 (includes uniform, lunch, and one snack)
• Bus: RMB 8,000-12,000 (to Shunyi campus depending on distance). Route 1 includes the central villa district, route 2 includes Marriott Apartments and Beijing Riviera), and route 3 includes Liangmaqiao and Sanlitun.
Lunch offered: Chinese and western dishes made on-site by the school chef, with special food for the youngest students. Milk provided by Wondermilk (Shunyi campus only).
Nationality of students: Germany, China, US, Mexico, Brazil
Primary teaching languages: German, English, and Chinese
Average class size: 12-15
Average teacher/student ratio: 1:4 (ages 1-2.5), 1:5 (ages 2.5-6)
School hours: 8am-4.30pm
After-school activities: Art, dance, PE, rollerblading, cooking, swimming (summer only), Orff music. Shunyi campus only: German drama, kung fu, and library. Haidian campus only: Softball.
Special needs programs offered? Special needs teachers available
School facilities: Climbing room (Shunyi), indoor playground (Haidian), art and science room, PE and dance room, nap room, outdoor playgrounds with sand box and rabbit pen, kids’ kitchens
School nurse or doctor available? Yes, full-time nurses available in both campuses
• Shunyi Campus: Bldg 52, Merlin Champagne Town, 6 Liyuan Jie, Tianzhu, Shunyi District (6450 8384, email@example.com) 顺义区天
• Haidian Campus: 6 Guangda Xiyuan, Wanliu Zhonglu, Haidian District (8257 0436, firstname.lastname@example.org) 海淀区万柳中路
Word from a Parent:
“’Mommy, I want to have a long kindergarten day today. Please? Kindergarten is so much fun!’ That’s what I hear every morning when I take my daughter to the bus. At Eduwings, the children always come first – just the way it should be. As a mother, I always feel welcome. The teachers are willing to lend an ear and offer advice whenever I have questions about my daughter’s development or a problem to discuss. Every evening, I spend a long time eagerly listening to my daughter’s stories about her day at kindergarten. I can see how much she likes it there. This gives me and my family a very good feeling.”
– Peggy Koetteritsch (Germany), mother of Jasmin (age 5)