That’s right folks, the Beijinger Burger Cup is back for 2015 and it’s bigger and better than ever!
Like last year, we are kicking off the proceedings with a huge Burger Cup Launch Party, held at Universal Creative Park, just opposite the north gate of 798, on August 15, 11am-8pm. This year’s venue is pretty darn big so you’ll be able to sample and gorge on burgers, beers, and much more from over 30 of Beijing’s favorite restaurants and bars!
A special thanks to Oasis International Health for providing such as awesome venue!
It’s early days yet, but we have some pretty big vendors already confirmed:
- Home Plate Bar-B-Que – three time Burger Cup champion – will they do it again this year?
- Q Mex – a surprise favorite at last year’s Burger Cup Launch Party
- Loft Eatalicious – three super-popular stores spread across the city
- Blue Frog – big burgers and clever flavor combinations make this one of Beijing’s most popular joints
- Great Leap – craft beers and burgers come together at Beijing’s biggest local brewery
- Slow Boat – Slow Boat’s excellent patties took home second place last year. How will they fare this year?
- Vandergeeten – Last year our readers said they preferred drinking beer with burgers, so fuel up on some of your favorite brands at Vandergeeten’s stand
- Veggie Table – Veggie Table’s all-veg burgers are more than a match for their meatier cousins around town
- Duvel – Slake that burger-induced thirst with a pint of crisp Duvel or Vedet
In addition, look forward to kid’s activities, bands and performances, and special burger-themed contests. More on that soon!
As usual, voting will kick off on August 15 after the launch party, so until then, get out there and start eating burgers or just look at a bunch of people enjoying themselves during last year’s event here and here!
This post is first appeared on thebeijnger.com on July 15, 2015.