Today marks the beginning of a three day fundraising campaign for WeChat’s "Day of Giving" culminating on Wednesday September 9, 2015. Beijing-based Roundabout is trying to raise RMB 1 million through public donations with the yuan-for-yuan match as pledged by WeChat bringing their total target to RMB 2 million. This will fund Roundabout’s numerous projects, facilitating medical procedures and treatment for sick children. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to donate.
Note: You need WeChat wallet to donate. Here’s how to set it up.
Step by Step
1. Search for Roundabout’s official account: roundabout666, add the account then look at the bottom of the screen to see this:
2. Click to find the fundraising projects.
3. Click on the last project on the list
4. Click on the button the left to go to the donation page.
5. Donate one of the pre-selected amounts (RMB 20, 50, 100, 500) or write the desired amount in the space below. Then click on the orange button to go to the confirmation page.
6. Click on the green button to confirm your payment.
7. If you wish to see share your donation certificate to inspire others to donate, then click on the pop up window’s orange text.
8. The donation certificate doesn’t show how much you donated just that you donated.
Photo: Courtesy of Roundabout