Who doesn’t enjoy a good magic trick? The following trick is very easy to do, but it never fails to surprise the audience. You will make ribbons or silk handkerchiefs magically appear from an apparently empty tube.
- Two sheets of paper
- Clear adhesive tape
- Some small flat objects, such as ribbons or silk handkerchiefs
- Roll one of the sheets of paper into a cylinder and secure it with some adhesive tape. Take the other piece of paper and roll it into a cone, with one end measuring the same diameter as the cylinder and the other end a bit smaller.
- Insert the cone into the cylinder and cut off the excess from around the edges, so that the cone ends up looking like a regular cylinder.
- From the side, you can see a “secret compartment” where you can hide and take out objects from. Try putting in a few ribbons or silk handkerchiefs, wrap them around the cone, and then get yourself an audience for the trick.
- When you show the cylinder to the audience, face the larger part of the cone towards them so that it will look just like a normal cone from their perspective. From your side, you’ll be able to see the ribbon hidden inside.
- After showing them the empty cylinder, pull out the ribbons by shaking the cylinder. Enjoy their surprised expressions.
- You can also customize the cylinder by drawing on it or adding some stickers to make it look more magical!
This post first appeared on April 7, 2013 written by the same author.