More than 500 people turned up for the inaugural beijingkids School Choice Fair on Sunday. Families packed Kempinski Hotel’s Jade Ballroom to mingle with representatives, teachers, and parents from 34 international schools, as well as several hospitals, clinics, play centers, sports organizations, and other groups. (China Radio International even wrote an article about us!) We gave away lucky draw prizes, chatted with readers, and generally had a blast.
Here’s what people had to say about the event:
The event was very helpful in providing access to information and staff from a large number of schools in one place. It was also a good opportunity to meet other parents facing similar choices.
– David Penhale, parent
I was really impressed by the diversity of schools in attendance and the overall organization of this event. Finding the right school for your child can be so difficult when there is so much choice. The fair hosted the large international schools, but also included the smaller, more local variety – some of which I never knew existed!
– Alison Thompson, parent
Our team at Beijing 21st Century Hospital had a wonderful afternoon visiting with our community members. We look forward to becoming more involved with families living in Beijing.
– Beijing 21st Century Hospital
The Fair was a resounding success and clearly tapped in to the evident need of the Beijing market for more information on primary and secondary education. All stalls were taken and many interested parents turned up on the day.
– Neil MacFarlane, Director of Marketing and Admissions for Beijing Rego British School (BRBS)
Here’s the full list of participants from Sunday:
• 3e International School
• Beanstalk International Bilingual School (BIBS)
• Beijing BISS International School (BISS)
• Beijing City International School (BCIS)
• Beijing Huijia (IB) Private School
• Beijing International Bilingual Academy (BIBA)
• Beijing New Talent Academy (BJNTA)
• Beijing No. 55 Middle School and High School
• Beijing Rego British School (BRBS)
• Beijing Shuren Ribet Private School (BSRPS)
• Beijing World Youth Academy (BWYA)
• British Columbia International School (BC School)
• Canadian International School of Beijing (CISB)
• Daystar Academy
• Dulwich College Beijing
• Harrow International School Beijing
• House of Knowledge International Kindergarten (HoK)
• International Academy of Beijing (IAB)
• International Montessori School of Beijing (MSB)
• International School of Beijing (ISB)
• Ivy Schools
• The Learning Center
• Little Village Montessori School
• Maple International Academy
• Muffy’s Education/Lucky Baby
• National Institute of Technology (NIT)
• Positive Foundations School (PFS)
• Side by Side
• Springboard International Bilingual School (SIBS)
• St. Paul American School (SPAS)
• Tsinghua International School (THIS)
• Western Academy of Beijing (WAB)
• Windsor Bilingual Kindergarten
• Yew Chung International School of Beijing (YCIS Beijing)
• Beijing 21st Century Hospital
• Beijing HarMoniCare Women and Children’s Hospital (HMC)
• Beijing International SOS Clinic
• Beijing United Family Hospital (BJU)
• The Familier
• Hamilton Gregg International Educational Consulting (HGIEC)
• IFC Kids
• OASIS Healthcare
Is there a school that you’d like to see on the list for next year? Be sure to give us your two cents (two mao?) at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the comments below.
For more pictures, check out our gallery.
Photos by Judy Zhou