The best thing about IKEA is the abundance of on-trend and affordable home decor options, but a trip to a local IKEA store (there are currently three IKEA stores in Beijing, one located in Siyuanqiao, one in Xihongmen, and a latest one in Wukesong) could be off-putting because of either the distance or the hordes of customers there.
But now, with a few clicks from the comfort of your own home, you can have your new furniture and homeware delivered to your door, since IKEA.cn now offering online buying and home delivery service to 149 cities in China. Shipping fees start at RMB 9.9 (but are likely to increase after December 31 this year, so for more detailed information about delivery fees please refer to their delivery service page.).
Most areas in Beijing are covered by the service. You can check whether delivery is available in your area by filling in your address and zip code at the shopping cart page once you’ve added some products.
Below is how to make your IKEA purchase online.
· Scour the online purchase page (in Chinese and English), sign up with a valid cell phone number and your e-mail address to log in or register your account before making online purchases.
· Browse down to check out products available for online shopping, choose your desired delivery date.
· Enter your delivery address, check the estimated fee afterwards. You can choose parcel or truck delivery service.
· Continue to the payment, via Alipay, WeChat Pay and Unionpay.
· Check and track-trace your order status. You’re also able to apply for an online invoice.