Opportunities in Beijing are abundant, but not many can compare to that of being able to fully immerse yourself in the diverse communities of expats and locals that exist here through working at beijingkids.
In addition to gaining invaluable work experience with a vibrant company focused on print and digital media, events hosting, and education, beijingkids will provide you with plenty of networking opportunities to get out there and find your tribe.
We are currently seeking a Senior Editor / Deputy Managing Editor (depending on experience) to join the beijingkids team. This position helps with the planning and production of the beijingkids magazine, website, and social media by planning, writing, collecting, and editing assignments, actively participating on social media, and working as a checkpoint to ensure that the production flow runs according to schedule. He/She also represents beijingkids and True Run Media at external events, and liaises with community partners and clients to obtain relevant information and documents to support the brand’s strategic direction. Finally, he/she serves as a back-up when the Managing Editor is away.
– Participates in editorial planning and execution by sending out and receiving all articles, and giving them an initial polish and formatting.
– Researches and writes content for the magazine (including regular columns such as Indulge, New Arrivals, Blank Canvas, The Circuit, and others).
– Writes at least one feature per month.
– Proofreads editorial content (web and print) when necessary, formats them, and saves them for final copy editing by the Managing Editor.
– Assists the Managing Editor in delegating writing assignments.
– Fills in for the Managing Editor at board meetings, managers’ huddles, and other meetings when necessary.
– Helps the Managing Editor onboard and train interns.
– Communicates with schools to recruit models for photo shoots.
– Attends events on behalf of the brand and the company.
– Two (2) years of related work experience (for foreigner applicants).
– Bachelor’s degree (preferably in journalism, communications, etc).
– Commitment to and passion for the city and community of Beijing.
– Ability to produce under deadline.
– An unparalleled creative streak.
– Outgoing and has a people-person attitude.
Bonus points if you
– Are a parent
– Are comfortable working in both English and Chinese
– Have previous experience working in media, publishing and/or advertising
– Have previous managerial experience
Interested applicants, please send your updated resume and 3 writing samples (or a link to them) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
True Run Media is a proud equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
Photo: Lareina Yang