Two years ago, Nisha Budhdev and her husband Jignesh moved to Beijing with their sons Shanay (age 7) and Jash (3). Nisha is a stay-at-home mom and Jignesh works in marketing at consumer goods company Reckitt Benckiser. Shanay attends the British School of Beijing Sanlitun, while Jash goes to AnRic Little Montessori Room. Nisha says she enjoys Beijing far more than their previous life in London, where she worked in finance for Amazon. “I have more time for my family here, as we have great help,” she says.
The Budhdevs have an unusual love story; their marriage was arranged by their parents. “My parents would have been OK if I had not chosen an arranged marriage. I told them to go ahead because I didn’t have anyone in mind. I completely trusted their’ judgment,” she explains. The couple met each other for the first time ten days before their formal engagement ceremony and were married five months later. After spending just 30 minutes together, Nisha says, “I knew then that I would spend my life with him. I wanted someone who was modern, and who would let me live my life the way I wanted to.”
Nisha is currently growing out a bob and asks Laurent Falcon, artistic director of the eponymously-named salon, to preserve as much length as possible. Falcon outlines his strategy for color and cut: dark golden blonde highlights distributed to give a subtle sun-kissed look without harsh regrowth, and a long bob with soft layers for movement and volume.
• Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pink Transformer
• Givenchy Prisme Libre Air Sensation Loose Powder Quartet in
• Etude House Drawing Eye Brow #1 Dark Brown
• Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick Set
• Kiss Me Heavy Rotation Perfect Eyeliner in Deep Black
• Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Liner in Black
• Mac Opulash Optimum Black Mascara
• Mac Satin Lipstick in Pink Nouveau
Get the Look:
1.Falcon places the dark golden highlights first. He adds more color to the ends of every second section, resulting in more saturated color towards the tips. Afterwards, he applies an all-over base color to the roots.
2. Falcon trims and layers Nisha’s hair, gradually adding more layers as he moves toward the front to give body and bounce around the face.
3. Makeup Artist Elena brushes primer on Nisha’s T-zone and underneath her eyes and brows. She blends it with a sponge, then sets it with translucent powder. She combs and fills Nisha’s brows, adding warm brown shadow to the lashline and crease, and a golden brown shadow to the lid. She blends black pencil into the lashes, slicking a black liquid cat-eye liner on top, and finishing with mascara. She then lines and fills Nisha’s lips with a bright pink shade.
Laurent Falcon CBD
Daily 10am-9.30pm. 3L209, 2/F, Phase 3, China World Trade Center Shopping Mall, Chaoyang District (8535 1002, 131 4667 9913, firstname.lastname@example.org) www.laurent-falcon.com